Providing individual, couples, and family counseling.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Depression and Anxiety Treatment
- Addiction and Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorder Assessment and Treatment
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Grief and Loss Counseling
- Obsessive Compulsive Concerns
- Post Traumatic Stress and Traumatic events
- Life Transitions and Adjustments
- Relationship counseling including loss of relationship and grief
- Coaching for parents with self-harming adult children
Individual therapy is a 45 minute session. It is preferable to have the first session be 90 minutes as much history is gathered. Individual therapy is appropriate when deep issues need to be discussed without another present. This type of therapy is often the most intense, focusing on history, what is happening presently, how one relates to others, destructive patterns of self-harm and addiction, and losses over ones life. DBT and CBT skills training is often done in individual sessions to help cope with stressful situations, painful feelings, and unhealthy relationships.
Internet or phone Counseling
Skype or phone sessions are a way to provide continued counseling when clients are out of town, away at college, or to provide a convenient way for those too far away to commute my office, or for those who have moved out of state. While face to face counseling is always preferable, it is not always possible. Counseling over the Internet and phone are alternative ways to provide creative support.
Skype sessions for DBT training have been very successful for my clients who find it difficult to commute or who are unable to find a DBT trained therapist in their area.
To schedule an individual, couples, or family therapy appointment or to obtain additional information about any of these counseling services contact me at 512 202 6442 in Round Rock or email at [email protected]